Garbage pick up is every Thursday. You may place your garbage out after 6 pm on Wednesday evening.
Recycle pick up is every other Thursday. Recycling cans must be clearly marked as recycle. The Borough Office has recycle stickers, free of charge.
Residents are allowed a maximum of 6 bags and 1 large (bulk) item per pick up. Cans (garbage and recycle) are responsibility of the homeowner or landlord to purchase.
Garbage Holiday Schedule
During a holiday week (Monday through Saturday) your trash and recycle services will be delayed by one day. Wilson Borough regular pick up day is Thursday, these holiday's will push trash pick up to Friday:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Wilson Borough Sewer and Garbage Bills are sent to residents quarterly; March, June, September and December each year. The bills are due at the end of the month they were mailed.
- March bill is for the months of August, September and October of the preceding year
- June bill if for the months of November, December of the preceding year and January of the current year.
- September bill is for the months of February, March and April of the current year.
- December bill is for the months of May, June and July of the current year
A resident has several ways to pay their Sewer/Garbage bills.
- Visit the Borough Business Office at 2040 Hay Terrace Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Drop box, after business office hours there is a drop box located to the right of the front door that you may drop your payment in.
- Online Bill Pay, should you choose to use your financial institutions online bill pay please be aware we DO NOT receive the payments electronically (EFT). A paper check is printed and mailed to the Borough Office. This process can take anywhere from 7 to 10 business days. Please be aware when mailing a check the Borough has 90 to 180 days to cash the check.
- Now you may pay your Sewer/Garbage Bill and Wilson Borough Real Estate Property Tax on line with a Credit Card or Electronic Check. You may only pay this way if you are CURRENT on your Sewer/Garbage bills. If we receive payments for an account that is in Shut-Off status, the payment will be returned.
Click the button below to enter the Official Payment web site and follow instructions below:
- Click the “Local Payment” box
- Choose State
- Choose Wilson Borough in the “Entity “box.
- Click on the Payment Type (Chose Sewer/Garbage)
- Click Make a Payment and follow the instructions for each page.
It should be noted that there is a fee for this type of payment. To determine the credit card payment fee click on the Fee Calculator link and follow the instructions.