Wilson Borough Equipment Mechanic/Laborer Public Works Department
- Starting Wage – Based on experience and contract. Pay Increases after 6 month and 12-
month Probationary period evaluations.
Job Description of Duties
- The Borough of Wilson is seeking an equipment mechanic for the Public Works Department. This position works under the supervision of the Public Works Supervisor. The Equipment Mechanic will perform skilled mechanical work in the maintenance and repair of a variety of light-and heavy-duty automotive and related gasoline and diesel- powered equipment and accessories. This position may also require the Mechanic to be inserted into the work force to assist with daily public works duties.
- This position requires at a minimum, a CDL B Permit with an airbrakes endorsement. Permit holder must obtain the CDL B License with an airbrakes endorsement by the 6- month probationary period. This position also requires 2 years of trade school along with at least 2 years of field experience, or equivalent training and work experience. Fleet inspection certification is also preferred.
- This position requires the applicant to frequently work near moving mechanical parts and to be exposed to wet and or humid conditions. The applicant may occasionally work in precarious places and may be exposed to airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of burns and electrical shock.
- The applicant for this position is subject to the Borough’s policy for drug and alcohol testing. Interested candidates can print out an application from the borough website at www.wilsonborough.org. Please submit your application along with resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 2, 2020 at 3:00 pm.
Part Time Police Officer Opportunity
Wilson Borough PA
The Wilson Borough Police Department is seeking part time Police Officers. Applications may be obtained in the Borough Office, 2040 Hay Terrace Easton, PA between the hours of 8:00 AM-4:30 PM or by clicking here Employment Application.
All applicants must be :
- United States Citizen and have reached their 21st birthday before submitting the application.
- They must also possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a Police Officer.
- Possess a PA operator’s license prior to appointment.
- Have successfully completed ACT 120 (Municipal Police Officers Training) and be eligible for immediate certification as a Police Officer.
Applicants MUST submit copies of their operator’s license, Act #120 certification, or a current MPOETC card. Successful applicants will be required to pass a physical & psychological examination and a background investigation to include a polygraph examination. Wilson Borough Police Department offers a competitive salary. Wilson Borough is an equal opportunity employer.
Part-time Fire Fighter
Pay rates are dependent on experience.
Fully trained Drivers working shifts: $17.48 / hr.
Call Firefighters: $9.73 – $10.47 / hr.
Must be over 18 years old and live within 5 miles of the station.
For more information call : 610-253-2035 or stop by the station at 2041 Butler St and pick up an application or click here Employment Application.
SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS WANTED
The Borough of Wilson is seeking applications for the position of School Grossing Guard. Approximately 20 shifts in a 2 week period, rate per shift is $10.61. You MUST pass a background check.
If you are interested in applying please click here Employment Application.
Please submit completed application to the Wilson Borough Police Department at 2035 Butler St, Easton, PA 18042.
If you have any questions please call 610-258-8746.
2020 Census Taker ( This is NOT a Borough Employment Opportunity)
Please Click the link below to the flyer for additional information.