ACT 44 DISCLOSURE FORM FOR ENTITIES PROVIDING PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TO THE BOROUGH OF WILSON'S PENSION SYSTEM
CHAPTER 7-A OF ACT 44 OF 2009 MANDATES the annual disclosure of certain information by every entity (hereinafter "Contractor") which is a party to a professional services contract with one of the pension funds of Borough of Wilson (hereinafter the "Requesting Municipality"). Act 44 disclosure requirements apply to Contractors who provide professional pension services and receive payment of any kind from the Requesting Municipality's pension fund. The Requesting Municipality has determined that your company falls under the requirements of Act 44 and must complete this disclosure form. You
are expected to submit this completed form, to the Requesting Municipality below, by December 1, 2021.
If, forany reason you believe that Act 44 does not require you to complete this disclosure form, please provide a written explanation of your reason(s) by November 15, 2021.
DISCLOSURE TO: Borough of Wilson Attn: Jill A. Garcia 2040 Hay Terrace
Easton, PA 18042
e-mail address: email@example.com
Where noted, information in this form must be updated in writing as changes occur.
DEFINITIONS FOR DISCLOSURE
|Any person, company, or other entity that receives payments, fees, or any other form of compensation from a municipal pension fund in
exchange for rendering professional services for the benefit of the municipal pension fund.
SUBCONTRACTOR OR ADVISOR
|Anyone who is paid a fee or receives compensation from a municipal pension system - directly or indirectly from or through a contractor.|
|Any of the following:
I. A subsidiary or holding company of a lobbying firm or other business entity owned in whole or in part by a lobbying firm.
2. An organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (Public Law 99-514, 26 U.S.C. § 501 (c))
established by a lobbyist or lobbying firm or an affiliated entity.
|As defined in section 1621of the act of June 3rd, 1937 (P.L. 1333, No. 320), known as the Pennsylvania Election Code|
|As defined in section 1621 of the act of June 3rd, 1937 (P.L. 1333, No. 320), known as the Pennsylvania Election Code|
EXECUTIVE LEVEL EMPLOYEE
|Any employee or person or the person's affiliated entity who:
I. Can affect or influence the outcome of the person's or affiliated entity's actions, policies, or decisions relating to pensions and the conduct of business with a municipality or a municipal pension system; or
2. Is directly involved in the implementation or development policies relating to pensions, investments, contracts or procurement or the conduct of business with a municipality or
municipal pension system.
MUNICIPAL PENSION SYSTEM
|Any qualifying pension plan, under Pennsylvania state law, for any municipality within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; includes the Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement System.
Example: the Police Pension Plan for the Borough of Winchesterville
|MUNICIPAL PENSION SYSTEM OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES; MUNICIPAL OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES||
Specifically, those listed in TABLE 2 titled: "List of Pension System and Municipal Officials and Employees" on the next page. Where applicable, includes any employee of the Requesting Municipality.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONTRACT
|A contract to which the municipal pension system is a party that is: (1) for the purchase of professional services including investment services, legal services, real estate services, and other consulting services; and,
(2) not subject to a requirement that the lowest bid be accepted.
List of Municipal Officials for the Requesting Municipality
Certain requests for information in this form will refer to a "List of Municipal Officials." To assist you in preparing your answers, you should consider the following names to be a complete list of pension system and municipal officials and employees. Throughout this Disclosure Form, the below names will be referred to as the "List of Municipal Officials."
Donald R. Barrett, Jr. - Mayor
Tony Verenna - Council President/Police Pension Committee Scott Palinkas- Council Member
James McGowan- Council Member/Police Pension Committee John Burke IV - Council Member
Russell Lipari - Council Member Jeffrey Bracken - Council Member
Pamela Taylor - Council Member/Police Pension Committee Justin Woodring - Council Member
James Klass - Council Member
Appointed Officials or Employees
Stanley J. Margie, III - Solicitor
Jill A. Garcia - Borough Manager/Secretary, CAO, Fire Plan/ CAO, Non-Uniform Plan/CAO, Police Plan
The David Kunsman Company - Auditor
Matthew Shive - Police Pension Committee Leonard Behler - Police Pension Committee
IDENTIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS & RELATED PERSONNEL
CONTRACTORS: (See "Definitions" - page 2) Any entity who currently provides service(s) by means of a Professional Services Contract to the Municipal Pension System of the Requesting Municipality, please complete all of the following:
Identify the Municipal Pension System(s) for which you are providing information:
Indicate all that apply with an "X": D Non- Uniform Plan
0 Police Plan
**NOTE: For all that follow, you may answer the questions I items on a separate sheet of paper and attach it to this Disclosure if the space provided is not sufficient. Please reference each question/ item you are responding to by the appropriate number. (example: REF- Item #1.)
- Please provide the names and titles of all individuals providing professional services to the Requesting Municipality's pension plan(s) identified above. Also include the names and titles of any advisors and subcontractors of the Contractor, identifying them as such. After each name provide a description of the responsibilities of that person with regard to the professional services being provided to each designated pension
Randee W. Sekol, Actuary Paul Baugher, Actuary
Kristen Y. Backenstoe, Actuary Laura A. Prego, Actuary
Peter M. Karapelou, Consultant William H. Hildebrant, Consultant Carol A. Petron, Actuarial Assistant Carrie J. Glazier, Actuarial Assistant
- Please list the name and title of any Affiliated Entity and their Executive-level Employee(s) that require disclosure; after each name, include a brief description of their duties. (See: Definitions)
- Are any of the individuals named in Item 1 or Item 2 above, a current or former official or employee of the
-+ IF "YES", provide the name and of the person employed, their position with the municipality, and dates of employment.
- Are any of the individuals named in Item 1 or Item 2 above a current or former registered Federal or State lobbyist?
-+ IF "YES", provide the name of the individual, specify whether they are a state or federal lobbyist, and the date of their most recent registration /renewal.
NOTICE: All information provided for items 1- 4 above must be updated as changes occur.
- Since December 17th 2009, has the Contractor or an Affiliated Entity paid compensation to or employed any third party intermediary, agent, or lobbyist that is to directly or indirectly communicate with an official or employee of the Municipal Pension System of the Requesting Municipality (OR), any municipal official or employee of the Requesting Municipality in connection with any transaction or investment involving the Contractor and the Municipal Pension System of the Requesting Municipality?
This question does not apply to an officer or employee of the Contractor who is acting within the scope of the firm's standard professional duties on behalf of the firm, including the actual provision of legal, accounting, engineering, real estate, or other professional advice, services, or assistance pursuant to the professional services contact with municipality's pension system.
-+ IF "YES", identify: (1) whom (the third party intermediary, agent, or lobbyist) was paid the compensation or employed by the Contractor or Affiliated Entity, (2) their specific duties to directly or indirectly communicate with an official or employee of the Municipal Pension System of the Requesting Municipality (OR), any municipal official or employee of the Requesting Municipality, (3) the official they communicated with, and
(4) the dates of this service.
- Since December 17th 2009, has the Contractor, or any agent, officer, director or employee of the Contractor solicited a contribution to any municipal officer or candidate for municipal office in the Requesting Municipality, or to the political party or political action committee of that official or candidate?
-+ IF "YES", identify the agent, officer, director or employee who made the solicitation and the municipal officials, candidates, political party or political committee who were solicited (to whom the solicitation was made).
- Since December 17'", 2009: Has the Contractor or an Affiliated Entity made any contributions to a municipal official or any candidate for municipal office in the Requesting Municipality?
-+ IF "YES", provide the name and address of the person(s) making the contribution, the contributor's relationship to the Contractor, the name and office or position of the person receiving the contribution, the date of the contribution, and the amount of the contribution.
- Does the Contractor or an Affiliated Entity have any direct financial, commercial or business relationship with any official identified on the List of Municipal Officials, of the Requesting Municipality?
-+ IF "YES", identify the individual with whom the relationship exists and give a detailed description of that relationship.
**NOTE: A written letter is required from the Requesting Municipality acknowledging the relationship and consenting to its existence. The letter must be attached to this disclosure. Contact the Requesting Municipality to obtain this letter and attach it to this disclosure before submission.
- Has the Contractor or an Affiliated Entity given any gifts having more than a nominal value to any official, employee or fiduciary - specifically, those on the List of Municipal Officials of the Requesting Municipality?
- IF "YES", Provide the name of the person conferring the gift, the person receiving the gift, the office or position of the person receiving the gift, specify what the gift was, and the date
- Disclosure of contributions to any political entity in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Applicability: A "yes" response is required and full disclosure is required ONLY WHEN ALL of the following applies:
- The contribution was made within the last 5 years (specifically since: December 18th 2004)
- The contribution was made by an officer, director, executive-level employee or owner of at least 5% of the Contractor or Affiliated
- The amount of the contribution was at least $500 and in the form of:
- A single contribution by a person in (b.) above, OR
- The aggregate of all contributions all persons in (b.) above;
- The contribution was for
- Any candidate for any public office or any person who holds an office in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania;
- The political committee of a candidate for public office or any person that holds an office in the Commonwealth of
- IF "YES", provide the name and address of the person(s) making the contribution, the contributor's relationship to the Contractor, the name and office or position of the person receiving the contribution (or the political entity/ party receiving the contribution), the date of the contribution, and the amount of the
- With respect to your provision of professional services to the Municipal Pension System of the Requesting Municipality:
Are you aware of any apparent, potential or actual conflicts of interest with respect to any officer, director or employee of the Contractor and officials or employees of the Requesting Municipality?
NOTE: If, in the future, you become aware of any apparent, potential, or actual conflict of interest, you are expected to update this Disclosure Form immediately in writing by:
- Providing a brief synopsis of the conflict of interest (and);
- An explanation of the steps taken to address this apparent, potential, or actual conflict of
- IF "YES", Provide a detailed explanation of the circumstances which provide you with a basis to conclude that an apparent, potential, or actual conflict of interest may
- To the extent that you believe that Chapter 7-A of Act 44 of 2009 requires you to disclose any additional infonnation beyond what has been requested above, please provide that information below or on a separate piece of
Please provide the name(s) and position(s) of the person(s) participating in the completion of this Disclosure. One of the individuals identified by the Contractor in Item #1 above must participate in completing this Disclosure and must sign the below verification attesting to the participation of those individuals named below.
Name: Randee W. Sekol Position: Consulting Actuary
I, Randee W. Sekol, hereby state that I am Consulting Actuary for Foster & Foster and I am authorized to make this verification. I hereby verify that the facts set forth in the foregoing Act 44 Disclosure Form for Entities Providing Professional Services to Borough of Wilson Pension System are true and correct to the best of my knowledge, information and belief. I also understand that knowingly making material misstatements or omissions in this form could subject the responding Contractor to the penalties in Section 705-A(e) of Act 44.
I understand that false statements herein are made subject to the penalties of 18 P.A.C.S. § 4904 relating to unswom falsification to authorities.